Friday, February 14, 2014

APOD 3.5

See Explanation.
Moving the cursor over the image will bring up an alternate version.
Clicking on the image will bring up the highest resolution version
available.


This weeks APOD is titled Downtown Auriga which I chose to learn more about the constellation Auriga which we have to learn about for our constellation quizzes. This APOD entry depicts a deep telescopic mosaic view of the constellation while showing off Auriga's most popular sights for cosmic tourtists. This picture was taken in january. From the persepective of the picture, the zodiacal constellation of Taurus the Bull can be seen near the bottom. I enjoy choosing APOD which give me a new more realistic viewpoint of the constellations we learn so I can know what they look like beyond the bright dots I can only see with my naked eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment